We're here to support our local businesses thorough the covid 19 pandemic.
- Current guidance
- Funding support
- Self-isolation support for self-employed
- Test and Trace
- Additional support
- Lateral flow testing for front line businesses
Nationwide measures from Thursday 5 January 2021
Government has published information through the link below on the restrictions, which come into effect on 5 January 2021.
A full list of the business closures will be published and set out in law.
Are you eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (for closed businesses)?
South Ribble was placed in Tier 4 restrictions from 30th December 2020 and under National Lockdown from 5th January 2021. The Local Restrictions Support Grants (for businesses instructed to close) have been extended.
If your business has already applied for Local Restrictions Support Grants (Closed Businesses) you do not need to re-apply. We will identify businesses eligible for further payments under Tier 4 and national Restrictions from existing applications.
Please submit an application through the link below if you have not already applied and your business meets the eligibility criteria.
Apply here for the Local Restrictions Support Grants for businesses instructed to close under Tier 3 and National restrictions.
LRSG (Closed businesses) Addendum: 5 January - 15th February: All applications must be received by 31 March 2021. (You do not need to reapply if you have already had an application for LRSG (Closed businesses) approved.
Are you eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (for closed businesses)?
If your business is eligible for LRSG (closed) you can expect to receive the payments below:
Local restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) : Payments to eligible businesses in South Ribble 2020 / 2021
|Rateable value under £15,000||Rateable value £15,000 - £51,000||Rateable value over £51,000|
|LRSG (Closed) 14 days (Pro Rata)|
17 October - 4 November
LRSG (Closed Addendum)
|LRSG (Closed) 14 days|
2 December - 16 December
|LRSG (Closed) 14 days|
17 December - 29 December
Christmas Support Payment
LRSG (Closed) payment under Tier 4
LRSG (Closed) payment under the National restrictions
|Closed Business Lockdown Payment||£4,000||£6,000||£9,000|
|LRSG (Closed Addendum) 16th February to 31st March 2021||£2,096||£3,143||£4,714|
- For Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) after 15 February, we will be emailing businesses who we think may be eligible.
- If you have already had an application for LRSG (Closed businesses) approved, you do not need to reapply.
- If you have not applied for LRSG (Closed businesses) and you think you may be eligible, please email: email@example.com
Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (for open businesses in Tier 2 and Tier 3)
The 'LRSG Open' grant is specifically aimed at hospitality, accommodation and leisure businesses that have not been mandated to close under the Tier 2/3 restrictions but can demonstrate that they have been severely impacted by the restrictions.
These categories of businesses are therefore not eligible for the LRSG (Closed). Under this grant, a business may be eligible if it fulfils the below criteria:
Business must have been open and trading as usual before 14th October 2020.
Businesses in liquidation, dissolved, or subject to a striking-off notice are not eligible.
Business is in the hospitality, accommodation or leisure sector must be able to demonstrate a loss of income during the qualifying period (while South Ribble was in Tier 2 or higher restrictions from 14th October).
- Business with rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under = £934 per 28-day period
- Business with rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 = £1,400 per 28-day period
- Business with rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above = £2,100 per 28-day period
Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG) January 2021
The South Ribble Additional Restrictions Grants scheme is for businesses that have been severely impacted by Covid-19 restrictions but have been excluded from the LRSG (Closed), LRSG (Closed Addendum) and LRSG (Open).
Under this grant, a business may be eligible if it fulfils the below criteria:
- Business must have been operational and trading as usual on the day before South Ribble was placed in Tier 3 restrictions (17th October 2020)
- Business operational base must be in South Ribble
- Applicant is not able to claim the full entitlement under Self-Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Businesses is not in liquidation, dissolved, or subject to a striking-off notice
- Business does not qualify for LRSG Open or LRSG Closed or LRSG Closed Addendum grants, for example:
- non-ratepayers e.g. market traders or businesses in shared space
- small, independent retail businesses that are allowed to remain open but are severely impacted by restrictions
- home based businesses
- other businesses not mandated to close but severely impacted e.g. supply chain businesses
- Business is able to demonstrate a severe loss of income during the qualifying period (October 2020 to January 2021)
- Business is either fully closed or only trading partially or only online
Note: Your business may be eligible for ARG support if it does not qualify for LRSG for the period October 17th - November 4th or December 2nd - 29th - even if it does qualify for LRSG outside those dates.
Only one application per business or per property.
Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid permitted under the de minimis and the COVID19 Temporary State Aid Framework are excluded.
We reserve the right to amend this scheme at any time.
The updated closing date for the ARG grants is midnight on Friday 19 February 2021
|17 Oct - 4 Nov||5 Nov - 1 Dec||2 Dec - 29 Dec||30 Dec - 15 Feb|
|19 Days||28 Days||28 Days||48 Days|
|Tier 3||National||Tier 3||Tier 4/National|
|Fixed property rent and business rates cost per month||Trading partially/online (per 28 days) (P)||Fully closed (per 28 days) (P)||Open (P)||Closed (F)||Open (P)||Closed (F)||Open (P)||Closed (F)||Open (P)||Closed (F)|
|£1 - £1,500||934||1,334||634||905||934||1,334||934||1,334||1,306||2,287|
|£1,501 - £3,000||1,400||2,000||950||1,357||1,400||2,000||1,400||2,000||2,400||3,429|
|£3,001 - Over||2,100||3,000||1,425||2,036||2,100||3,000||2,100||3,000||3,600||5,143|
Note: ARG payments are one-off grants and only cover to 15 February 2021. SRBC reserves the right to amend this scheme at any time.
ARG grant amounts will be based on the qualifying dates (when the business was not eligible for LRSG (Open) or LRSG (Closed) or LRSG (Closed Addendum) and any fixed property costs comprising rental/lease/mortgage payments and business rates payable. Property costs (if applicable for non-home-based businesses) can only be attributed to the business that is the leaseholder).
Grant amounts will be advised when applications have been processed.
Please email any enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Restrictions Support Grant (For businesses mandated to close under Tier 3 from October 2020)
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (Closed) supports businesses that were open as usual, providing services in person to customers from their business premises, but which were then required to close for at least 2 weeks due to local lockdown restrictions.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- occupies property on which it pays business rates
- is in a local lockdown area and has been required to close because of the formal publication of local restrictions guidance that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September.
- has been required to close for at least 2 weeks because of the lockdown
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
From 00:01 hours on Saturday 17 October the following businesses were required to close under local lockdown restrictions in Lancashire:
- Pubs and bars (which do not serve substantial meals)
From 00:01 on Monday 19 October, the following venues were also required to close:
- Licensed clubs
- Adult gaming centres
- Bingo halls
- Bookmakers and betting shops
- Children's soft play centres
Businesses that have been required to close due to national restrictions imposed on 23 March 2020 and have not been able to re-open will also be eligible to receive grant funding:
- Nightclubs, dance halls, and discotheques
- Sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars.
Following an announcement from government, premises operating with Club Premises Certificates must adhere to the same rules as other licensed premises as detailed on this page. This took effect from midnight on Friday 30 October.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (For businesses mandated to close under national restrictions from 5th November)
LRSG (Closed Addendum) is for businesses that have been mandated to close by Government from 5th November to 2nd December and include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses.
Job Support Scheme expanded
The government's Job Support Scheme (JSS) will be expanded to protect jobs and support businesses required to close their doors as a result of coronavirus restrictions. Under the expansion, firms whose premises are legally required to shut for some period over winter as part of local or national restrictions will receive grants to pay the wages of staff who cannot work. The scheme will begin on 1 November and will be available for six months, with a review point in January. In line with the rest of the JSS, payments to businesses will be made in arrears, via a HMRC claims service that will be available from early December.
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment.
Funding will cover for each job placement:
- 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week
- the associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
If your business would like to offer a placement, please email us: email@example.com
Test and Trace support grants are available to those on low incomes who have been told to self-isolate.
Applications are now closed for:
- Business Recovery grants - expressions of interests were taken from Monday 24 August and if eligible, you will be invited to the next stage once the scheme is launched in mid-September
- Discretionary grants
- Small Business grant and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure grants - payments for eligible applications will be made by 30 September
Any additional funding opportunities will be updated to this page as and when we receive information.
If you have any additional business support enquiries, or would like to let us know your email address to notify you, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Displaying NHS Test and Trace QR code is now mandatory for some businesses
Certain venues, including venues run by local authorities are now be legally required to display NHS QR posters in their venues. This includes all venues from the following sectors:
- leisure and tourism;
- close contact services; and
- local authority venues.
Lancashire Skills Swap
Launched by the Lancashire Skills and Employment Hub to support the local business community.
The service is dedicated to helping businesses who are looking for staff or volunteers, want to train their staff or want to offer people with knowledge and expertise to work for another business.
Businesses can access by visiting Lancashire Skills Swap and registering their details.
Opportunities are posted on the Skills Swap Noticeboard so you can see what is needed and what is on offer.
The Skills Hub team support people and businesses to link up and swap skills, as well as helping businesses access training for current staff, and for furloughed staff in preparation for the future.
Skills support for redundancy
The Skills Support for redundancy programme is available in Lancashire as part of Skills Support for the Workforce. The programme provides a fully funded tailored service for employers, and can support employees at risk of redundancy or who have been made redundant in the last 3 months.
Support includes employability skills, CV developing, IT and interview skills.
For more information email email@example.com.