People with disabilities
Applications from disabled people are welcomed by us. A disability does not preclude you from full consideration for the job. Our policy is to give all disabled people an interview if they satisfy the essential criteria for the job.
You should tell us whether or not you have a disability on the application form. All applicants should complete this question.
Please note that under the Equality Act 2010 you are considered disabled if you:
- have a physical or mental impairment;
- this impairment has an adverse effect which is substantial;
- the effect is long term (usually lasting for 12 months or more);
- the effect has an adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities.
If you have a disability, we will ask you to provide information that will help us to consider what reasonable adjustments or aids you need:
- if you are selected for an interview
- to be able to carry out the duties of the job if you are appointed
We will also try to accommodate any adjustments you may require whilst completing your application. These could include:
- a copy of the job description and person specification in large print format or on tape
- an application form in large print format or on tape
- a different medium to make the application for example by recording the application on tape
- any other requirements
All the information you provide will be treated as confidential.