Toggle menu

Housing advice

We can offer free, impartial and confidential advice and assistance to you on matters relating to housing.

This includes advice to private tenants, leaseholders, owner-occupiers or housing association tenants.

Rough Sleepers

If you're a member of the public and need to report a concern about someone sleeping rough you can do so via:

If you are rough sleeping you can access assistance from us by:

  • Calling in person at the Civic Centre, Leyland between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday;
  • Contacting us by calling 01772 625 625
  • Email us on

Our out of hours contact telephone number is 01772 436 756.


If you're homeless or threatened with homelessness you may need advice on what action you're able to take, what housing options you have and information about help that we can provide.

As a council, we have a responsibility for certain homeless people or people threatened with homelessness.

Please read through the questions and answers on our homelessness advice section to see if you or someone you know meets the criteria.

Additional information and advice can be found from the Link to the National Homelessness Advice Service

If you are 16 -25 and have housing problems you can get help and advice from the following organisations. Click on their names to be taken to their websites.

Key Unlocking Futures Charity

Barnado's Bay 6 Project


Turning Point


Duty to Refer homeless cases

Duty to refer


Housing Options

Shared Ownership and Help To Buy

Help to Buy North West is the Government's Local Help to Buy Agent¬† for the North West area and is a one-stop shop for information and applications for affordable home ownership schemes across these areas. These include Help to Buy - Equity Loan and Help to Buy Shared Ownership. 

Social Housing

Social housing in the borough is assessed via the Select Move partnership. Visit ¬†Select Move, to get further information and to apply for a property.


Harassment and Illegal Eviction

Everyone has the right to a live in a decent and secure home.

The law protects people living in residential property against harassment and illegal eviction.

Shelter have issued information about harassment and illegal eviction which provides more advice. 


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email