Toggle menu

Report a problem with a food business

If you want to make a complaint about food you have purchased, or if you are unhappy about the place where you have bought food you can report it to us by completing a general enquiry or by calling 01772 625625. We will then contact you to discuss your complaint.

You can also make a complaint on the Food Standards Agency website.


Complaints we can help with

We can deal with complaints about food premises including:

  • hygiene of both the premises and staff or a pest infestation.

We can deal with complaints about food safety including:

  • food poisoning, poor food handling practices and foreign bodies in food 

We are unable to deal with:

  • poor quality service and/or food
  • overcharging or pricing issues
  • premises located outside the South Ribble Borough Council area. If you have a complaint about premises in another area, please contact that local authority.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email