Privacy Notice- Consultation
What do we use the information for?
On occasion, we carry out consultations on behalf of South Ribble Borough Council or on behalf of third parties, to help inform service delivery.
We use the information provided by you in surveys and through consultation to gather your views and feedback on council strategy and services and to plan our services and shape policies. These surveys are optional and any personal data provided by you, either to help inform our analysis or to allow us to conduct a prize draw is on a voluntary basis.
Any personal data supplied will only be used for the purpose/s outlined in the relevant consultation or survey.
What Information do we hold and use?
We may on occasion collect and process the following types of personal data when carrying out consultation:
Personal information such as address including postcode, email or telephone number Statutory information under the Equalities Act 2010, such as gender, age and disability, to ensure we are supporting or providing services fairly to all groups of people.
On what grounds do we use this information?
We process your information on the following grounds:
· consent (postcodes, names, addresses, gender and other information under the Equalities Act 2010)
· legitimate activities (to use service data to improve services/target resources in the future).
We gather your views on council strategy and services through consultation. These surveys are optional and any personal data provided by you, either to help inform our analysis or to allow us to conduct a prize draw is on a voluntary basis.
How do we collect this information?
Most of the personal data we collect and process is provided by you on a voluntary basis and we will inform you that you have a choice whether to provide this. The information is collected mostly using electronic or paper surveys and we may also collect the information face to face or over the telephone.
When carrying out consultation, South Ribble Borough Council will:
· state clearly who is carrying out the survey - South Ribble Borough Council and the service area, where relevant
· include the source if any information has come from a third party
· explain what will happen if they fail to provide the information if the provision of data is necessary to form part of a contract or obligation
· provide details of any automated decision making that will occur
· explain why we are asking for data and for what purpose.
Who do we share your information with?
Any personal data supplied will only be shared with relevant services within the council and only used for the purpose(s) outlined in the relevant consultation. Details about the council's privacy statement can also be found on our general privacy notice . You can also view information on cookies.
The Council uses Citizenspace to create and administer the majority of its surveys. All survey responses are managed through Citizenspace sub-processors, where data is stored securely by robust security features. Data held on the platform will be retained for up to 6 years following the end of the consultation (Except for application based submissions or prize draws where it will be held for 12 months).
We may share your data with Chorley Borough Council as part of the shared services arrangements.
How long do we store information and is it secure?
The council has retention schedules in place to ensure that information is only held for as long as it is needed.
Details of how we keep your information secure are available on the general privacy notice page.
What rights do you have?
The rights that you have depend upon the grounds upon which we collected your information. All of the rights you could have outlined upon the data protection rights page. In most cases, people who have been involved with the Custom Build Register will have the following rights:
· the right of access - you are entitled to see the information we hold about you and can request a copy by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
· the right to rectification - if you believe any information we hold about you to be incorrect, please email: email@example.com and we will amend the information accordingly.· the right to erasure/right to be forgotten - the service has determined that all requests to permanently delete a service user record will be dealt with on an individual basis. All requests for deletion should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· the right to restrict processing - should you wish us to limit how we use your data please email: email@example.com with the reason for your request.
· the right to data portability - the service has determined that there will be no requirement for data portability.
Where can I find more information?
If you want to know more about how the council uses information, your rights or have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance; contact details are available on the general privacy notice page.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commisioner's Office.