Toggle menu

Licensing services

Licensing services: Privacy notice
Council ServiceLicensing Services
Why we use personal information about you
  • Assess and assist in respect of the issuing /renewal/suspension/revocation of licences in accordance with the relevant legislation.
  • Consider and investigate complaints.
  • Inspection of licensed businesses/premises
  • To provide services for and on behalf of the Council
  • Information provided will be used in connection with the performance and exercise of the Council's statutory or public functions
Why we are allowed to use your personal information

Legal obligation or public task under various UK laws including but not limited to:

  • Local Government Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1976 (as amended)
  • The Town and Police Clauses Act 1847-1889 (as amended)
  • The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended)
  • The Equality Act 2010
  • Caravan Sites Act 1968
  • Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960
  • Mobile Homes Act 2013
  • Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
  • House to House Collections Act 1939
  • Licensing Act 2003 (as amended)
  • Gambling Act 2005
What sort of information we may hold about you

The personal Data that we may hold includes information such as;

  • your households names,
  • date of birth,
  • contact details,
  • national insurance number
  • bank account details
  • current employer
  • employment history
  • photos and CCCTV footage
  • special category personal data such as gender, ethnicity, religion or other beliefs, sexual orientation, criminal conviction and medical history.
How long we may keep your personal information
  • We will hold application forms and supporting documents electronically or on paper during the lifetime of the licence.  Once the licence has lapsed, been surrendered or revoked it is retained for a period of 6 years. 
  • Information on the Nation Register in connection with the National Anti-Fraud Network will be held for 25 years

Your information will be held securely and treated confidentially.

Who we share your personal data with

We may share the information we process with the following organisations:-

  • Other Council Departments such as (but not limited to) Legal Services, Environmental Protection, Planning, Health and Safety
  • External solicitors (both those representing the Council and defendants/applicants)
  • Police
  • Judicial Agencies - e.g. Courts
  • Lancashire County Council - Trading Standards/Children's/Adult Services
  • Lancashire Fire Authority
  • Home Office
  • National Park Planning Authority
  • Maritime and Coastguard Agency
  • Gambling Commission
  • Environment Agency
  • DVLA
  • Private Hire Operators
  • Members of the Public (if contained within a published statutory register)
  • Disclosure and Barring Service
  • Expert witnesses
  • Insurers
  • Other Local Authorities
  • Enforcement Agents
  • National Anti-Fraud Network
  • The Council has a duty to protect the public funds it administers and may use the information you have provided or share it with other bodies for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud. This includes participation in the cabinet offices National fraud Initiative.
  • We may share your information for the lawful purpose of the prevention and detection of crime under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998
  • We may share your data with Chorley Council as part of the shared services arrangements.
When computers make any decisions about youN/A
When your data gets sent to other countriesN/A
Your Rights

You have the right to:

  • Request a copy of your information  ( known as a subject access request)
  • Request rectification or erasure of your information
  • Request a restriction on the processing of your information, and, object to processing of your information
  • Complain to the information Commissioners office about the way the Council processes your information

If you require further information about the use of your data or would like to exercise any of the above rights please contact: the Data protection officer at South Ribble Borough council


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email