Toggle menu

Elected members

Elected members: Privacy notice
Council ServiceElected Members
Why we use personal information about you

Statutory requirement (reporting to government)

  • Distribution of Committee agendas
  • Informing of appointments to outside bodies
  • Service delivery, improvement and planning
  • Research, including consultations
  • Liaison with other local authorities
Why we are allowed to use your personal information

Public task under relevant laws including, but not limited to:

  • The Local Government Act 1972, 2000
  • The Representation of the Peoples Act 1983
  • The Immigration Act 2016
  • The Localism Act 2011
  • The Equality Act 2010
What sort of information we may hold about you

The personal data that we hold includes information such as:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Date of birth
  • Contact details (telephone / email)
  • Political views
  • Political affiliation(s)
  • Dietary requirements
  • History of committee appointments
  • History of appointments on other councils (i.e. parish)
How long we may keep your personal informationYour information will be held electronically or on paper and retained for the legally specified period. Your information will be held securely and treated confidentially
Who we share your personal data with
  • Local Government Association (LGA)
  • Outside bodies (in connection with council representations)
  • Political parties (local & national)
  • Other Council services to ensure our records are accurate o for joint events & training
  • Other Local Authorities
  • Members of the public (limited information)
  • The National Fraud Initiative (NFI). This is an exercise that matches electronic data within and between public and private sector bodies to prevent and detect fraud
  • We may share your data with Chorley Council as part of the shared services arrangements.
When computers make any decisions about youN/A
When your data gets sent to other countriesN/A
Your Rights

You have the right to:

  • Request a copy of your information ( known as a subject access request)
  • Request rectification or erasure of your information
  • Request a restriction on the processing of your information, and, object to processing of your information
  • Complain to the information Commissioners office about the way the Council processes your information


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email