South Ribble Together Community Hub
Supporting our communities and most vulnerable through the coronavirus pandemic
If you are struggling or need help please contact us without delay.
Please call: 01772 625 625
Line is open Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00 and you can call us out of hours on 01772 625499
- Online referral form
- Are you ready for Winter?
- Information and advice
- Package of support
- Supporting good mental health and wellbeing during this difficult time
- Community working together
- Staying aware - fraudulent activity and scammers during Covid-19
- Are you a business that needs support?
If you are having difficulties getting through or our phone lines are closed, you can still get in touch with us and let us know what support you need by filling in our online referral form. The form helps us understand a little bit more about how we can help you and will come straight through to our case management team who will call you back during working hours.
You shouldn't use the form if you have an immediate or urgent need for access to food or household supplies. If you need this, please call or email us.
We have created an FAQ page about a number of things including council tax support, domestic violence, safeguarding adults and children and homelessness.
We understand this is a difficult time and people will be facing a number of challenges over the coming days and weeks.
We promise we will do what we can to provide help to whoever in our community who needs it.
We are here to help individuals or businesses suffering:
- With ill physical or mental health or;
- Struggling to access vital services;
- Struggling to access food and medicines;
- Struggling with childcare arrangements.
We're currently working up a package of support linking in with partners from the key services, volunteer and charity sectors which we hope will allow us to help those facing challenges.
- We have set up a dedicated contact line for those struggling and need help - Call 01772 625 625 or email Covid19support@southribble.gov.uk
- We will triage initial incoming requests and deal with cases directly or refer cases to appropriate partner agencies to provide the specialised help and guidance.
- We have consulted our databases and have identified vulnerable people in our community and we will be contacting these people directly to see if they need any support or help.
If you're in desperate need of support, don't wait to be contacted - call or email us on the details above.
There are several avenues of support to help you through this:
- Government guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing
- NHS Every Mind Matters support
- NHS audio mental health guides
- Mental health support across Lancashire and Cumbria - interactive map of services
It's a trying time for all of us and it's vital we work together as a community so support and help the most vulnerable.
If you suspect someone needs help - a neighbour, family or friend - let us know. We can help.
If you would like to volunteer with the support effort, please let us know.
If you're a local organisation or community group who would like to help out please let us know.
Just call 01772 625 625 or email Covid19support@southribble.gov.uk
All of your support is vital.
Please know that you are not alone. These are difficult times and we are working hard to make sure people can access support where they need it.
While the vast majority of people are doing what they can to help people in their communities, there are a small number who are using this as an opportunity to prey on the most vulnerable.
You can also visit the Lancashire Trading Standards Facebook page for up-date information.
There is also some useful information as part the National 'Take 5' anti-fraud campaign.
If you are unsure about anything, please let us know by calling 01772 625 625 or email Covid19support@southribble.gov.uk.
Visit our Business Support page.