Toggle menu

Household Support Fund

Household Support Funding has come from government to local authorities, to support those who are struggling to afford food, cover basic heating costs and access other essential items this winter. The funding is available until March 2022, on one-off basis.

Accessing support

As this funding is allocated to South Ribble residents in need of financial support, you may be asked to provide supporting documentation such as proof of income, or receive a home visit to survey your needs. 

You do not need to be in receipt of benefits to access this support, but funding is targeted to those who are struggling financially.

The details that you provide us with will be shared with providers, to make sure that you are supported in the right way. We may check the details you provide against other records as part of our efforts to prevent fraud.

Energy Bills

We recognised that energy costs are increasing for many households, so we are working with Citizens Advice to offer people financial support with gas, electricity and water charges.

To access help, please complete this online registration form.

If you think you need adaptations in your home to save money on bills (e.g. replacement windows, loft insulation or cavity wall insulation) please e-mail

Other essentials

Other requests can be considered on a case-by-case basis, but we may be able to help you with other essentials such as white goods, furniture, market vouchers, carpets and school uniform.  If you need our help, please email

Please note: the following type of requests will be not be covered by this fund:

  • Any requests for items that are luxury items / non-essential
  • Applications from those with sufficient income or savings
  • Requests for support which fall under the responsibility of the landlord

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page