Toggle menu

Council Tax bands and charges

Why not sign up today for paperless notifications! Did you know it costs us around 50p to send a letter through the post? You can make your life easier, save paper, and save us money by signing up to paperless notifications. It's easy to sign up and only takes a few minutes.

Council Tax is a property-based tax which contributes towards council services, as well as fire and police services. For more information you can view your Council Tax bill explained.

Every property is in a band and the charge is based on 2 adult residents. How much you pay depends on which band your house is in.

The bands and value of properties is set by the Governments Valuation Office. 

You can check your Council Tax band at GOV.UK.

View more information on 

Appeal against your Council Tax band

You can appeal against your valuation band if:

  • you moved into your home in the last 6 months and the building has been altered since the 1991 valuation
  • the area where you live has changed in a way which could affect the value of your home.

View more information on how to appeal against your Council Tax valuation band on the GOV.UK website. 


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email