© South Ribble Borough Council 2019


What happens if I cannot pay?

If you find yourself unable to make the payments shown on your bill you must contact us immediately.

If you do not make contact and simply fail to pay, you will receive a reminder a few days after the payment was due. In most circumstances we will be able to make a special arrangement with you. However, the longer you leave contacting us, the more difficult it will be to make an arrangement and the payments under the arrangement will be higher.

Unless you have opted to pay by direct debit, your instalments will probably be due on the first day of the month.

If you need debt advice, you can get independent advice in South Ribble from both the Citizens' Advice Bureau and the Lancashire County Council Welfare Rights Service.