Do you use your brown bin?
Register now for our new Garden Waste Collection Scheme!
As of 9 April, there will be a charge for the collection of all brown bins in South Ribble.
To make sure your brown bins are emptied as normal, you need to subscribe by 2 March.
What you need to do:
- Simply click here.
- Enter your details
- Make the annual payment for each bin you’d like collecting
- A sticker will then be sent to your address in March
- Follow the step-by-step guide to adding it to your brown bin – it will help our crews easily identify who has signed up for the new service
- Present your bin as normal for collection
- The cost is £30 per year per bin
- This is £1.36 per collection (based on 22 collections per year as there are no collections during the Christmas period)
- The scheme will run from April to March each year
- You can subscribe at any time during the year, but the charge is fixed at £30
- Collections will continue on a fortnightly basis on the same day
- If you don’t wish to subscribe, we’d encourage you to compost your garden waste at home or dispose of it for free at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre
- You can find tips on home composting at: www.southribble.gov.uk/waste
- You can save money by sharing your brown bin with a neighbour (one resident will have to take responsibility for registration and payment)
What is classed as green waste?
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge clippings
- Dead plants
REMEMBER: If you do not subscribe by March 2, your brown bin will not be emptied as normal.