© South Ribble Borough Council 2019


Public rights of way

There are a range of different classes of public rights of way within South Ribble which are managed by Lancashire County Council.

The only cases that South Ribble Borough Council, as the local planning authority, can take action are those in which the blocking of the public right of way results from a breach of the planning permission.

In such cases, enforcement action will be taken against the breach of planning control rather than against the obstruction of the public right of way, however, the effect of the action may result in the removal of the blockage.