Toggle menu

12. How to take it further

12.1     Advice and guidance on how matters of concern may be pursued can be obtained from the Chief Executive, Monitoring Officer, the Service Lead Audit & Risk or the HR Manager.

12.2      Alternatively, external advice can be sought from a Trade Union or Protect - a charity that provides confidential advice to anyone who believes there is serious wrongdoing in the workplace.

12.3      Independent advice and assistance can also be sought from the Council's External Auditors, Grant Thornton or the Local Government Ombudsman.

12.4     If you feel that you have been unfairly treated because you have blown the whistle you can raise your concerns with your line manager, the Service Lead Audit & Risk, the HR Manager, or the Chief Executive.

12.5      This policy is intended to provide you with an avenue within the Council to raise concerns and contact details are provided below. The Council hopes you will be satisfied with any action taken. If you are not, and if you feel it is right to take the matter outside of the Council, further additional contacts are detailed in Appendix 1.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email