Housing Assistance Policy
Principles of this policy
The principal aims of the Housing Assistance Policy are:
- To assist and support owners and those who are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of their homes.
- To have a commitment to improving housing quality in the borough across all tenures.
- To target assistance to tackle issues where it is most needed.
- To recognise that the housing stock of the Borough is a major public asset and this is the main reason assistance is offered, to protect this investment, rather than for short term gain to the owner.
- To acknowledge that financial considerations are crucial to the effectiveness and scope of the Housing Assistance Policy.
- Assistance is not just financial but also can be provided by advice.
- Enforcement action may be taken.