3. The Councils' objectives
The councils will:
- Listen to the concerns of workers.
- Publicise the existence of the Whistleblowing Policy
- Ensure that anyone dealing with concerns or disclosures has been trained on handling disclosures and will receive sufficient procedural guidance.
- Ensure that any tendering processes require the contractor to either fully comply with Council Whistleblowing policies and / or their own policies which meet the Council's requirements.
- Deal with disclosures promptly and professionally.
- Ensure that employees who make disclosures in good faith do not suffer any detriment.
- Not prevent individuals who may have signed a settlement agreement which contains a confidentiality clause, from making a disclosure.