DBS Enhanced Disclosure Guidance
How to obtain an Original DBS Certificate
The Licensing Authority require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), to check for the existence and extent of any criminal record held by the applicant.
South Ribble's DBS checks are now being completed online by the applicant via the TaxiPlus website, there is no longer a requirement to come into the office to complete a DBS, we still require all DBS applications to be on the DBS update service.
Please follow the link below, to pay for and process your DBS application:
How to sign up to the DBS Update Service
What you'll need
- Access to a computer/internet
- Original DBS certificate that has been issued in the last 28 days. (See 'date of issue' on certificate for this information).
- A Debit or Credit card to make payment and Bank Account details to set up a Direct Debit.
How much will this cost
£13 per year
Once you have obtained your original enhanced DBS certificate you can then apply for the DBS update service through Gov.uk.
You will need to pay a fee of £13 to register initially and then an annual payment of £13 by Card and the service will retain your card details.
If your card details change when the update service requests the next subscription, the payment will fail and you will have a month to provide new card details.
*Please note all payments are made directly through the Gov.uk website - South Ribble Borough Council have no direct involvement with the Gov.uk website and cannot take payments for this service.
Step by Step instructions
1) Log on to Gov.uk
2) Search 'DBS'
3) Select 'DBS update service'
4) Select 'Register for the update service' (You'll find this under 'How to register')
5) The Update Service page - Follow the easy steps and subscribe.