Toggle menu
Have you had your covid 19 vaccination?
Find out if you are eligible and book now!

Competent persons scheme

Since the 1st January 2005 it has been a requirement that certain domestic electrical work must be carried out by a competent electrician.

Some items of electrical work such as changing sockets and switches or installing a new light fitting to existing wiring can be done by the householder but in the main a qualified electrician must be employed.

With this in mind, the following links will enable you to check whether your chosen electrician is registered with a competent persons scheme.

If in doubt please contact Building Control on 01772 625400

Find a registered electrician - A register of electricians belonging to the various CPS schemes

General guidance - For general advice, guidance and information in easy to understand formats

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page