Toggle menu
Are you eligible for your first dose of the Covid vaccine?
Don't hesitate to get your vaccination. Find out if you're eligible and how to book.

Personal Licences

A Personal Licence authorises the holder to sell alcohol on behalf of any business that has a premises licence or a club premises certificate.

You must apply to the Local Authority where you are living at the time that you submit an application. This will be your Home Authority regardless of where you may move to in the future.

Following a change to the Legislation in Spring 2015, Personal Licences no longer expire, even those that show an expiry date.

Once you have been granted a personal licence, you can act as the designated premises supervisor for any business that sells or supplies alcohol.

Personal licences guidance

Icon for pdf Personal Licence Application [106.5KB](Part1)

Icon for pdf Declaration of Convictions [117.4KB](Part 2)


The council offers the British Institute of Innkeepers Awarding Board (BIIAB) qualification required to become a Personal Licence holder and has courses that run every month please follow the link for more information BIIAB Course Information

Does Tacit Consent Apply?

If there are no relevant or foreign convictions and all the other proofs are valid yes. If there are relevant convictions the Licensing Authority will consult the Police and if they object, the application will be referred to a Licensing Sub-Committee for determination.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page