Toggle menu

On street parking and permits

Business Parking Permit

Business Permits are available for some of the council's car parks, including King Street in Leyland and Hope Terrace in Lostock Hall.

Business Permits cost £250-a-year, or £75 quarterly.

Resident Parking Permit

Lancashire County Council's Parking Services issue the residents parking permits - not South Ribble Borough Council*

* the resident permits for Cann Bridge Street car park and Victoria Road car park will still be processed with South Ribble Borough Council

This applies to all on-street parking permits 

Apply for a parking permit

Off street parking

Lancashire County Council is responsible for on-street parking enforcement in South Ribble, and this is managed by Lancashire Parking Services (who are part of the county council).

Appeals or payments regarding on-street Penalty Charge Notices should be made to Lancashire Parking Services. Further details can be found on their website or by telephone on 0800 195 2774.


Blue Badge Holders

Lancashire County Council are responsible for issuing Blue Badges on behalf of The Department of Transport in the districts of Lancashire.

The eligibility criteria and more information on Blue Badges can be found at Lancashire County Council's site. People can find more information and apply for a Blue Badge online.

The clocks which come with the Blue Badge must be displayed when using a Blue Badge for disabled parking. The Social Services in Scotland do not issue these clocks. Before visiting England, or on arrival, customers from Scotland should obtain a clock from Lancashire County Council's Blue Badge Team. Clocks are issued free upon production of a valid Blue Badge.

Parking on double yellow lines 

South Ribble Borough Council are not responsible for parking issues in the roads or pavements, the responsibility for such sits with Lancashire County Council (LCC).

If you are reporting a fault in the road: Report a Parking problem to Lancashire County Council

Please note before reporting a problem, consider the following points: 

  • Lancashire County Council cannot issue penalty charge notices where no parking restrictions exist
  • it is not always possible to send an officer to the scene immediately
  • loading/unloading is permitted on yellow lines, as is picking up and dropping off passengers
  • this form can only be used to report on-street parking problems in areas covered by LCC
  • the police can issue penalties to vehicles causing an obstruction and where no restrictions exist
  • disabled motorists can park on single/double yellow lines for up to three hours


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email