Toggle menu

Houses in multiple occupation

The council does not have many homes in multiple occupation, but we do inspect the ones we have.

If you own a property in South Ribble which has three or more storeys and is occupied by five or more people (who make up two or more households) you will need a licence from us to rent out the property.

It is an offence if you, as landlord, your agent or the person in control of the property fails to apply for a license for a licensable property. This can result in a fine of up to £20,000.

You can view guidance for landlords and find out more here.

Please contact Environmental Health on 01772 625340 or email

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email