Toggle menu

Licensing Act and Policies

A Premises Licence is required for any business supplying alcohol, regulated entertainment or late night refreshment, on or off the premises.

In most cases, where the sale of alcohol is authorised under a Premises Licence, there must be a Designated Premises Supervisor specified on the licence. This individual must hold a valid personal licence.

A Club Premises Certificate is required to authorise qualifying clubs to supply alcohol to their members and bona fide guests or provide other qualifying club activities.

Licensing Act 2003 Policy

The Licensing Act 2003 places a duty on the licensing authority to review it's licensing policies at least every five years. A new licensing act 2003 statement of policy was adopted on 17th April 2020 for the next 5 years until 2025.

Please see Licensing Act 2003 policy

The authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. For further information, see our Privacy Policy..

Application forms and guidance are available to view and download via the links below.

Pavement Licensing Policy

As part of the Business and Planning Act 2020, on the 31st July 2020 South Ribble Borough Council approved a temporary fast-track process for businesses to obtain permission to apply for a licence for the placement of furniture such as tables and chairs on the pavement outside their premise which will enable them to maximise their capacity whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines, in the form of a "pavement licence", with provisions lasting until the end of September 2021.  

The fee for the application is £100 and has a 14-day determination period.

Please see the links below the adopted SRBC Pavement Licencing Policy, Application Form and FAQs.

Cafe Pavement Licence Policy

Application form (PDF) [114KB]

Temporary Pavement Licence: FAQ

The council offers the British Insitute of Innkeepers Awarding Board (BIIAB) qualification required to become a Personal Licence holder and has courses that run every month please follow the link for more information BIIAB Course Information


New licensing applications

Full Variation

Minor Variation

Transfer Premises Licence

Vary DPS

Personal Licences

Review a Licence

Temporary Event Notice

Notification of Interest

Covid 19 - Hospitality opening guidance

Hospitality Opening Guidance (PDF) [266KB]

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email