Toggle menu

Building Control Registers

Since the 1st January 2005 it has been a requirement that certain domestic electrical work must be carried out by a competent electrician.

Some items of electrical work such as changing sockets and switches or installing a new light fitting to existing wiring can be done by the householder but in the main a qualified electrician must be employed.

With this in mind, the following links will enable you to check whether your chosen electrician is registered with a competent persons scheme.

If in doubt please contact Building Control on 01772 625467

Find a registered electrician - A register of electricians belonging to the various CPS schemes.

General guidance - For general advice, guidance and information in easy to understand formats.

A - Z of Competent Persons

Icon for pdf Competent Persons A-Z June 22 [17.38MB]


Building control register of applications

Icon for pdf BC Registers June 22 [8.31MB]


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page